Saturday, October 3, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins

Not everybody has the time or confidence to bake from scratch. Personally I prefer to prepare everything from scrath rather than buying ready made products. 



Orgran is brand of vegan products from Australia that are widely available in South Africa. I always see them in the health food stores and have been curious to find out if they were any good or not.


I bought a pack of Orgran Chocolate Muffin mix and wanted to see how ready-made muffins compared to the those made from scratch.


The only other ingredients that you need are water and some vegetable oil. I wanted a bit of extra decadence so I decided to add in some chocolate chips.


5 - 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes of baking and I had a batch of a dozen vegan chocolate chocolate chip muffins.




 The conclusion : Very good as far as out-of-the-box baking goes and well worth it for those that don't have the time or confidence to try making their own muffins from scratch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment